1.0 out of 5 stars This series is done., 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: A Shiver of Light (Merry Gentry) (Hardcover)
As fans of the series know, this book has been a long time coming. Many people, myself included, worried that the series had been abandoned to writers block and wouldn't be finished. Considering the 5 year wait, I think fans are going to be incredibly disappointed. I know I was. I think after this installment I may just leave the series altogether.

I quickly grew tired of how the author couldn't be bothered to come up with a plot, and so has filled the book with sex, the last couple of pages of the book offer some explanation, but this was totally ridiculous. The "plot" is so incredibly rubbish, and you have to squint to find it...and maybe use a magnifying glass.

Merry spends the entire time talking about all of her husbands...gives birth to triplets...but you still don't find out who fathered them. At all. There's a death that's gonna hardcore piss people off. The plot pacing/timing/flow was all wrong. I mean, 5 years waiting for this? What a joke.

The book tried to take you on an emotional journey or whatever, but I pretty much felt nothing except annoyance and boredom the whole way through. The book didn't inspire any of the emotions the author was probably going for. Not to mention it falls in to the category of "so predictable it hurts".

Considering the genre this falls in to and the whole fae thing, it says a hell of a lot when I turn around and say that this entire book is unrealistic. Don't get me started on the babies. Just don't.

I was so bored by this book I took any excuse to put it down. Any excuse. Nothing happens, as I said, there's no plot. It is over 300 pages of nothing. Everything happens and is wrapped up within a couple of pages. I'm seriously not joking. I know I write some scathing reviews, and I know I've done a couple of them lately, but if you read, you will see.

The majority of the books is just huge loads of information that you either don't care about, or started off caring about, but lost the will to live after a couple of pages. I love a good bit of love, but I swear, I couldn't take it in this book. All the time. Anything important was just an afterthought in the dialogue after love.

The book is so damn repetitive you could be forgiven for thinking you where having a hardcore deja vu trip. I think it's best if fans abandon this series, jump ship and let it die. The only thing more terrible than this book, will be the 10th book in the series. If it ever gets published.

[Add comment]