on 28 December 2008
I bought the Sony NW-HD1 mp3 player because I didn't want to follow the cliche of walking around with white earphones and thought the iPod was the result of excellent marketing rather than a product that has stood the test of time as opposed to many Sony products.
After 18 months despite the fact that it has G-shock protection, and let me assure you that I have taken exceptional care and never dropped it, it has started malfunctioning and dying.....why?....I just don't know....I have been told that it would cost over £70 to get it fixed....well I could buy a new 16gb Sony mp3 player for under £90!!!!
I constantly need to turn it off by having to switch it from built-in battery underneath and then back on again to reset it and this may need to be performed up to 30 times or more before to 'un-freeze' it. ......Although this is not always guaranteed and sometimes it stays frozen until it decides when it wants to behave without malfunctioning!!!
I am seriously angry at the fact that I took such care of my mp3 player....my advice......DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT....it is lot of money to spend on something if this is going to happen.....if I had the same problem with a cheap mp3 player it would maybe still have been a worthwhile investment as you expect it to die sooner or later but then at least you haven't wasted so much money....with Sony you expect MORE...because you PAY SO MUCH and you expect QUALITY in return...............more to the point I'm not sure I will ever buy a Sony product again after the reviews I've read about Sony Vaios and what friends have told me about their PC laptops especially considering how much you pay for any Sony product. I'm now going to buy an iPod at least I've never known anyone to have experienced problems with their Apple mp3 player.Sony NW-HD1 20GB Network Walkman / Digital Audio Player - Silver.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink