on 14 November 2012
I am now awaiting my 4th kindle to be delivered. my first one had the famous blue cloud shadow on screen. The battery indicator showed that it was on 50% after reading an hour and a half possibly 2hrs a day for 3 days light set at 10 wifi on. my old kindle I could read for 3-4wks without charging. The 2nd kindle sent had a spotlight effect at the bottom which you really noticed whilst reading. and the third kindle was the worst of all so far. The screen was tinged with green and pink hues. Not holding my breath that this 4th one will be any better. Whilst I can't fault Kindle support I do wonder if returned Kindles are being re-shipped other than that quality control went out the window. I really feel let down because the concept is a fabulous idea and I love the way it works, I just want one that is as advertised. Are anybody else having battery issues?

Update 1- ive just received Kindle no4 and it is no better than the other 3. Still has a green cloud effect in top left hand corner of screen. So will be returning this one as well. Have Amazon got a defective batch?

Update 2- After speaking to a Kindle support supervisor ive now been informed that the 4 replacement kindles came from what they class as replacement warehouse, they could have received a bad batch. I am now awaiting one from new shipment due 14th Dec. I did wonder how they could replace so quickly when there is a delay for new orders. This does make me wonder if return kindles were being re-shipped.
33 Comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?