4.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Logitech MK270 Combo Keyboard and Wireless Mouse - UK QWERTY Layout (Accessory)
This is a very inexpensive pair and as the adage says "you get what you pay for" -Franky I think you are actually getting a good value for you money. Nothing is perfect and yes this mouse could use some work - but this pair is as close to perfect for the price as you can get.

I have always been a sucker for Logitech products, but it was a little difficult for me to give up my solar powered Key board to try a combo like this. However, I did want to save a port for something else so I thought I would try this. I figured that since I was coming down in price I would also be coming down in quality. However, that isn't so. This keyboard is as actually easier for me to type on. The keys are a tiny bit stiffer (harder to press) than the sol oar powered keyboard and that makes this a bit more comfortable . The clacking of the keys is also quieter. I love the fact that when I accidentally hit the Caps lock key a green light lights up and from the corner of my eye I can see that I'd better fix it.

This was a dream to set up especially since I was already using a product that was using the unifying software. I love the concept of one port/six devices! No batteries to add like my old ones, they are already installed, so that makes this product an even bigger value than it is already. It has the usual hot keys, which doesn't matter to me since I rarely use them.

The reason why I wanted to use this was that the mouse I had been using used its own port; it was a little too big for my hand and just did not fit my palm very well. It is also heavier than the old M305 I was using. However, it wasn't until I tried the mouse that comes with the MK270 on a game I love, that I realized that there was going to be a problem. The mouse slides a little too fast so that if you need to keep your arrow on something constantly, if you aren't very careful, this mouse will slide right off without the slighted provocation. It can make it a little difficult to line up your arrow and keep it where you need it. Being able to feel in control of my mouse is important to me. It may be that I need a new mouse pad, but I doubt it, as I had no problem with my other one. It's too bad because I really did like the idea of one receiver controlling both items.

If it wasn't for the mouse issue - this would have been a solid 5 star product for the fact that it is so economical and convenient, easy to set up and made with the usual Logitech care.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Jul 2013 01:15:36 BDT
You've probably already tried it, but if you go to:

(Windows 7)
Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Mouse (under Devices and Printers heading) -> Pointer Options heading

You can adjust the sensitivity of the mouse. You might need to play around a bit to find the best settings for you.

Also make sure you have "Enhance pointer precision" ticked.

Happy clicking.

Posted on 12 Nov 2013 19:53:13 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 12 Nov 2013 19:54:30 GMT]

Posted on 10 Apr 2014 20:58:58 BDT
Bill says:
I suggest if you think you're having hand/wrist issues while typing, check out Treat Your Own Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Treatment and Prevention Strategies for Individuals, Therapists, and Employers.

Posted on 26 Jun 2014 13:02:04 BDT
Did you really use this keyboard with your existing unifying receiver? This keyboard does not have unifying symbol printed on it. I tried to pair it with the existing unifying USB receiver but failed. In order to make it work, I had to plug in the USB receiver that came with this keyboard. This is a nuisance since I thought all new logitech products would support unifying receiver.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jun 2014 19:30:20 BDT
Peter White says:
I had a similar (I would say minor) problem. I already had a logitech wireless mouse and bought the keyboard later. The keyboard did not work with the original M USB but like you I had to swap to the KB USB, but then run the unifying software from the Logitech website. Works fine. I now keep the M USB inside the mouse and find it useful when working on other peoples laptops (I hate tracker pads).

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jun 2014 23:20:00 BDT
Thanks Peter. I am not talking about M USB, but about the Unifying USB receiver which has the same shape and look as M USB receiver but with a star symbol indicating the unifying capability of connecting up to 6 unifying compatible mouse and keyboards. The receiver that has come with the MK270 Combo is not a unifying receiver but a M-USB receiver which can connect only two devices - MK270 keyboard and the mouse that has come with it. So, when I've unplugged the old unifying receiver and plugged this M-USB receiver, unifying SW does not recognise it as unifying receiver and thus does not allow me to pair my old unifying Anywhere MX mouse. So, now I have taken up two USB ports - one for the Anywhere MX mouse and the other for the MK270 keyboard. Bit of a nuisance, but the keyboard is very good. The feeling is nice while typing. Very quiet too!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jun 2014 21:29:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Jun 2014 21:32:07 BDT
Peter White says:
Sorry but I missed to say but the my K270 keyboard which I bought separately DID come with a "Unifying USB". My son actually bought the MK270 Combo which also came with a "Unifying USB" and that too installed and worked perfectly. In fact my mouse is a M185. Just to confirm my M185 USB did NOT work whereas the K270 USB worked perfectly for both mouse and kb. But I must accept your point having not tried to connect more than 2 devices.

Posted on 4 Dec 2015 19:10:39 GMT
Jay Bee says:
"A great purchase for Smart Tv users" - interesting comment, but what could I do with this please?
(I too have a smart Samsung TV, but not sure about what to try with these units on it...) Thank you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›