on 20 March 2011
I eagerly awaited my copy of this book, having read all the positive reviews.

I can pattern draft myself, but am no way an expert...............I have followed Helen Joseph Armstrongs Pattern drafting book and have managed to work from it. So, I thought, wonderful to try these very unusal designs.

However, when the book arrived, all the instructions through the book are for a specific size.............There is a size chart to make blocks in the book. I wonder though, surely with the range of sizes, there should be a chart showing what measurements may need to be altered for smaller/larger sizes?

I particularly wanted this book to make the sleeve on the cover. There are no specific diagrams for how you actually fit the sleeve and I wonder, would it have to be a case of trial and error to draft the designs in this book for sizes different to the standard. This may be due to my lack of pattern drafting knowledge.

It gives a standard radius for the sleeve, for the standard size they are working to. How to you amend this for varying sizes, at either end of the scale??

Sadly I am stuck..................I wouldn't expect to buy a book and then have to go through trial and error to achieve the designs.

Would love to be able to get some help to actually achieve the purpose I bought the book for. I want to make the sleeve on a flower girl dress........it sure would make heads turn!!

Help!
66 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?