on 27 May 2013
I personally thought this was just ok and I'm not exactly sure I'm the demographic for this sort of graphic novel either. This was recommended by a friend who was extremely vocal about how good this is. Upon his recommendation, I picked it up but it just didn't grab me.There are some cute and funny moments and there's a particularly funny Street Fighter reference but it didn't amount to a whole lot for me.

The artwork is fine but nothing approaching Nate Powell levels of excellence. And there lies my bias. The sort of graphic novels I tend to read are by the likes of Nate Powell, BKV, Marjane Satrapi and Gabriel Bá and Fábio Moon. If those names look familiar and you like them, then perhaps Lil Depressed Boy isn't for you.

I have heard it gets better though as the series progresses and if you like your a graphic novels with an emo tinge, then Lil Depressed Boy could be right up your alley.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.