on 6 January 2010
This is a set book for an Open University Arts course which is why I bought it. However, I enjoyed reading this in its own right. The stories are wonderful, from the first to the last. Some have really stayed in my mind. I loved the first story by Nadime Gordimer - couldn't get it out of my head for days, and like another reviewer, I loved the Ana Menendez story. William Trevor's story about Ireland also resonated.

Some favourite authors are in there: Alan Sillitoe and V.S. Naipaul, however I have been enriched by the stories from authors whose works I hadn't read before and will be looking to read more.

I looked forward to reading this book in the evenings after a tiring day and will re-read my favourites again. Highly recommended.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.