Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Learn more Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 August 2016
I received this book for free from the publisher in return for a review. The following is my honest opinion on this book:

'Get Coding' is an excellent book for anybody interested in learning the basics of programming. The same width as an A4 book and almost square in shape it's quite big at 208 pages. With thick glossy pages this feels a little like a school text book, however it's anything but boring. The book is separated into sections teaching you things like how to build a web page, building an app and building a game all using the coding languages of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

Now although I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to electronics, I love my computer, my games, taking the pc apart, building a new one, etc but I have to honestly say I don't know much coding language. This book is very easy to understand though and is set out in a colourful and simple way. The book covers making a simple game and goes through all the stages of what to do step by step so you don't get easily lost. I do know quite a bit of html language and I can say that all that I know is accurately explained in the book so although I haven't tried all the coding and making a game feature yet, I believe the book to be accurate.

What I really like about this book is that although explained from start to finish you can also dip in and out of the book with the handy index. This is great if you are using html or another language on your own web pages and don't want to create that whole app game but want to just use certain info in your own projects.

This is a great book for kids and I think plenty of adults who aren't too knowledgeable in computer coding will enjoy using this book, it's certainly helped me already and from my pictures below you can see the simple and easy way the coding is taught.
review imagereview image