Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on January 16, 2014
I was primarlly motivated by the large 7" touch screen, and by the opportunity to link to my 'phone for hands free calling. Also I have used Garmin outdoor products for many years and have been very happy with them, and these factors affected my choice (over TomTom).
It was easy to set up, install, and use, although the manual (like most Garmin products) is poor. Also their web-site is very poor on information too, in fact it took me some time surfing their site to realise it was a 7" display.
I have two grouses. The route calculation can be spurious - I have it set to "fastest", but on routes I know well already, I have found it sometimes makes dubious choices, directing me to the slower route because it doesn't realise that some A classified roads are not neccessary fast (eg the A686). The other more serious grouse is that muting the audio is not overridden by the bluetooth link so resulting in missed 'phone calls (or rather phone calls where the caller does not understand why you are not responding!)
For anyone familiar with Garmin's outdoor products, its possible in a similar way, to download historical trip data through a gpx file. This can reveal quite useful information, not just wher you've been, but speed and time info as well as verifying the route you took.
As a driver companion, I like it. The display is clear, good indication of true speed with comprehensive speed limit warning coverage.
PEH 16-01-14
11 comment| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?