on 24 November 2012
I love this series, so I was looking forward to this and ordered it from Amazon upon its release. Straight away there was a problem very close to the beginning of the game. Trying to blow up the barrels outside the gate was a nightmare. After much fiddling a white mark eventually appeared and was finally able to move forward. But it wasnt obvious and in fact the white marker wasnt there initially anyway. There have been several other glitches along the way which I have managed to bypass. But I am now at a point (sequence 6, Memeory 2 "An Angry Frenchman")where I cannot go any further no matter what I do. The game just freezes towards the end of the memory when the message comes up and says press down and hold L2 to select you assasin before you send the frenchman to kill the smuggler henchman. I have restarted the memory 6 or 7 times now and the same thing happens. Unfortunately I have had enough and will be returning the game to Amazon as it is clearly faulty and should never have been released without a proper quality control inspection to iron out these glitches before letting go on sale.

The game itself though (with the exception of the glitches ) is great. I love the story how it follows on and links to the past and is ever getting closer to the finale. Its almost like an interactive movie which I love. The gameplay is pretty fluid but there are occassions where you are sneaking up on someone and end up just crashing into them instead of killing them. Graphic are so so. Overall, this has a makings of another great title but unfortunately due to number of glitches and bugs its unplayable. I may rebuy in 6 or so months time and hopefully by then all the problems will have be resolved. Until then I am afraid its going back to Amazon.
What's this?