on 16 November 2007
If you haven't read "I Know This Much is True," run, don't walk to get it. Then get this book---"She's Come Undone." While I loved Lamb's "I Know" this book comes in second, and that' still better than most other's books.

The story is about one horrible human being named Dolores, but don't be turned off by that. Lamb sucks you right into her world and how he writes "women" so well is beyond me.

There are laugh out loud funny parts of this novel, and if you're reading it on the Tube, you might want to watch yourself--I know I had a lot of blokes staring at me. I also missed a couple of stops simply because I couldn't stop reading. But I digress.

About Dolores: She's not likable, but somehow Lamb gets us to read about her. And he adds in rape, emotional abuse, and a couple of deaths and you begin to get the picture of WHY Dolores is the way she is.

Lamb truly unravels the human heart in "She's Come Undone" and other than his first book, which I've just given a plug to, I would also recommend the highly controversial and entertaining "Bark of the Dogwood" which is every bit as good and involved. Not exactly the same subject but treated every bit as good if not better.
What's this?