on November 1, 2009
I was 25 in 1983, and have never lived in UK. So my perspectve may differ from that of other reviewers. I can only recommend this movie, for the attention paid to the details, the fine acting, and - it should not be forgotten - the excellent sound track. I do not think it is correct to enter a discussion on skinhead racism, the Faulkland conflict, and so no in the context of this movie. I would suggest to keep any political implication separate from it. Just watch the movie, go along with it, and enjoy it as I did for my simpathy with the punk movement (which it should be reminded is againts wars).
One remark relates on the ease with which Mum leaves Shaun going with the gang led by Woody, made up by people much older than him. I am not sure how much this is realistic, yet I guess it may happen.
What's this?