on 4 November 2012
I was so excited when I saw that Amazon had announced the Paperwhite as I hate having really bright lights on in a room when I'm reading, but I struggled to read my Kindle Keyboard in slightly dimmed indoor lighting. Was very disappointed when it was only planned to be be released in the US so started looking at getting the Touch, but after reading tepid reviews on it I thought I may as well wait as I knew Amazon would eventually bring the Paperwhite over here. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I waited!
I was a little disappointed that the memory was less than the Keyboard and I was very apprehensive about having no buttons whatsoever. Now I've been using it since the release day (seriously fast delivery!), the lower memory capacity has made no difference to me and I have gotten used to the touch screen, which is very quick, responsive and easy to use.
I love the sleek black design and feels very comfortable to hold, both weight wise and feel of the casing. The black makes the screen seem even whiter and the contrast even better. The resolution increase is amazing and very obvious coming from the Kindle Keyboard.
On mine, the front light is very even and has no colour blotches anywhere, and I looked very thoroughly in the dark to make sure! The 4 grey patches at the bottom of the screen between the four LED's are apparent and more so when the light is on its brightest setting, but it doesn't affect my reading as its only over the progress info.
For the next kindle it would be great if it was a bit lighter and thinner as I have it in the Amazon case the majority of the time, which adds a lot of weight and thickness to it. And if they could get rid of the grey patches at the bottom of the screen and improve the overall consistency of the light on all Kindle Paperwhite's, then it would be perfect.
Would have liked to add another half star cos I love it so much!
0Comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.