on 30 May 2012
I saw a guy using one of these when i was on holiday in Devon and his child looked so happy. When i got home i started researching child bike seats and came across this one and many others.
I liked the look of the way this seat mounted, on a very sturdy bar that spans the distance between the head tube and seat tube, not just clips to the stem like others appear too. This is good as my bike has a cranked top tube and a boxy stem.
My daughter is only 7 months old and is strong enough to hold her head with the helmet, we have been out once so far, the straps on the belt are a little to long and dont adjust small enough without a little re-engineering. Once I got her strapped in off we went, it is uncomfortable at first being short for a man at 5ft3inches and riding a small framed bike having your knees stuck out. But you do get used to it and as we are not in any hurry just cycling round the park for some fresh air it keeps the pace down and you see more.
As for comfort for baby, my daughter fell asleep after about half an hour, i feel she is at the moment still a little small for this seat (but the manufactuer does not recommend use before 9 months so my fault)as her head does not reach the padded head rest.
All in i believe for casual riding use this product is awesome, you can see and interact with your child and have great fun going out on your bike. I think i was a bit eager to get out with my little one but we see the fun this product will bring us in the future, when she is big enough to sit and rest her head comfortably in the seat.
Many thanks to Wee Ride.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.