on 22 May 2008
I snapped a ligament in my knee and my physiotherapist asked me to have a go on one of these.

I think the idea was that it would improve proprioreception (i.e. our ability to balance and know what our body is doing when our eyes are closed) and this in turn would reduce the risk of reinjuring the knee.

I did consider my balance to be okay, e.g. I can walk along scaffold poles without holding on to something, but still I found balancing on a wobble board to be quite a challenge. As such I still feel motivated to use it, months later.

If you have zero balance you can use it whilst holding on to something. I would have given 5 stars but £27 for a bit of wood seems a bit steep. It probably helps skateboarding/surfing ability but I am not so cool as to be able to confirm that.
33 Comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.