Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Learn more

VINE VOICEon December 30, 2011
I've been a little sceptical when it comes to HighDefin' movies such as Good Will. On the face of it, I'd be saying that HD can't offer anything to it. It's such a staggeringly brilliant movie that relies solely on it's story. The only outstanding performance is from Robin Williams (deservedly getting his Oscar) really but the rest of the cast don't do a half bad job either. As I said, true star, is the story and it will provoke many thoughts for you once the movie is over. What would you do if you were Will, What would you do if you were Will's friends?...

Back to the HD scepticism. I didn't think it would have any effect on my enjoyment and during my viewing I was saying to myself things like , 'picture looks good, nothing fantastic though'; 'I haven't really noticed anything special about the sound'. Now, given that I hadn't seen the movie in a few years, especially not on the size TV I have now, I thought I'd pop the old DVD in to have a quick compare. To catchphrase Janice from Friends: Oh My God. If you have the DVD, upgrade now. If you don't have the DVD, buy the Blu-Ray. I will go to the extreme of saying that I couldn't even watch the DVD now. Silk purse out of a sows ear is what Lionsgate have done again.

Languages: English on on DTS-HD master, sorry, that's all folks.
Subs: English and English

REGION LOCKED
22 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?