Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 4 March 2016
Got this watch for my dad kayaking - it's waterproof to 50m/5atm and has an alarm and backlight - these 3 features are the reason I got it really as: 1. There's a lot of splashback when kayaking plus if your unlucky you can get dumped so it needs to be waterproof. Around a mile from the coast the water is around 50m deep - your hopefully never going that deep but it's good to have a watch that covers that. Unfortunately, due to the weather conditions at the moment it has not been tried out yet in the kayak so I cannot comment on how good the waterproof is on it - if after trying it the waterproof fails I will update this review. I have put it in the bath and it is fine.
2. The alarm is good as you can set it before going out to match tide changes or as a reminder to drink/eat etc. Yes you can get this feature on your phone but generally we dont take our phones out with us or if we do they are in the drybag and not easy to access. I have tried the alarm and it works.
3. The backlight - this is useful when you are exploring the caves (not as a torch!) but just again when its dark and your in a cave to check tide times as you can go into the caves and not realise how long you are in there for. This works great.

This watch comes with a single approx A5 sheet of instructions - English on one side and chinese on the other. Instructions are simple and easy to follow. This item does not come with a box (it is well packaged in bubble wrap and the usual amazon packaging) I only mention this as if you are planning on giving it as a gift you would need to find a gift box for it as the packaging wouldn't be suitable for this or for long term storage.

So apart from those 3 main features this watch also has a chronograph / timer/stop watch. It features both the traditional hands as well as a digi display showing the time (and day/date). These all work.

It has a decent clasp which is easy to use but very secure so it wont come undone easily when its on. It requires you to press in a small pin on either side in order to raise the clasp and then open the clasp fully - this all then locks back down into place.

The watch has 3 'tightness' settings on the strap - it is provided on the largest of the 3 settings which was too big for my dad. If you dont have the tools (which I dont) to change the strap fitting it can still be done - you will need someone to hold the strap of the watch and 2 thin pins. Press the pins into the little spring loaded bar on either side of the strap - you can this pull the strap through to the next setting and the bar will spring/click into place. The middle setting was a better fit.

On the wrist the watch looks pretty good. It is surprisingly light considering the size of this - probably due to the plastic strap.

One final feature that makes this watch better than some others I have seen - the back panel is screwed on - this means it will be a lot cheaper to get the battery replaced as you can buy the battery (a multipack costs £1 normally) and using a standard eye glass repair kit screwdriver (which costs like £1) remove the back cover and replace the battery - as most jeweller's now charge upwards of £8 for this service that's a huge saving.

Overall I am impressed with this watch.

NB I received this item at a discount in order to provide my honest feedback. The words, opinion and pictures are my own and based on my experience of using the product. The rating given is based on whether I would be happy to recommend the item to family and friends and on how well it works.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
4 people found this helpful