on 28 August 2010
I am new to Vanden Plas but I knew them by name and decided to try them. I love Dream Theater and that kind of stuff. This is in the same league, said as a compliment. There are many DT clones and many fail miserably, but this band is great. The songs are really good, catchy, well built, and the guys can PLAY. The singer, Andy Kuntz, could even stand in for Jame LaBrie on occasion (honestly I think James is DT's weakest link ;-).
VDP is a very good band, I really enjoyed this album, and I will go see them live soon since they are on tour with this new album. I think I am going to get their back catalog. EXCELLENT!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink