on 8 July 2009
When I first discovered Alyson Avenue at the end of 2007, it got me hooked on AOR and since then getting hold of AOR albums of this quality has proved to be difficult although I am getting there!

I must admit I prefere Omega II because I like keyboards in my AOR and the more keyboard/synth-heavy sounds in Omega II suit me better, even though you can notice the keyboard on this album. Like Omega however, I dislike none of the tracks on Presence of Mind. Free Like The Wind is the really emphatic track on the album and there are plenty of ballads such as Without Your Love, Tell Me You Love Me (Or Leave Me), All This Time & One Desperate Heart. All of it is imposing but in a different way to Omega II.

Presence of Mind is certainly worth having if you like AOR, and because Alyson Avenue were the first AOR band I got into, I use them a benchmark when comparing other AOR artists. I will let you judge for yourself what sort message this sends about their music and even though I prefere Omega, let's not forget it was the start of something special (in my opinion) which after a 2 or 3 year break has come back to the world of AOR.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details