on 22 December 2013
This book is just fantastic. I ordered it when I saw it pop up on my recommendations and as my husband and I love burgers and are always trying to seek out the latest gourmet burger restaurant, I thought it would be a nice early Christmas present.
It's really nicely laid out with a picture for each recipe and a short list of ingredients alongside a simple and to the point method. Something which I love in Cook books as I don't have the time to read a load of waffle about how the recipe originated!
What I really loved about the book was the choice. There are a few easy enough recipes for fries and sauces at the front of the book, alongside one for burger buns (surprisingly easy!) and aside from a few American sweet treats, the rest of the book is filled with various meat, fish and veggie burgers, all featured with a relish/sauce, cheese or other kind of accompaniment. The ingredients are simple enough that you will probably already have a lot in your cupboard already and if not, they are easily accessible in any supermarket.
We only got the book yesterday and made the Diablo (beef with chilli and onion relish, cheese and bacon) with homemade buns and sweet potato fries. Yum. Can't wait to make more-definitely a new fave on my cook book shelf.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink