VINE VOICEon 11 June 2005
As soon as I had finished watching the first episode of the series I knew that I had to go and look for the book that accompanies it and then get to the Tate Gallery when the exhibition takes place.
As soon as I placed the book in my hand I knew that I was going to buy it. The writing is informative and will allow everyone to enjoy not only the art through the pictures and words but the associated photographs of the landscape.
I haven't seen it advertised yet but I'm sure that there will be a CD of the music coming soon to complete the package.
The series like the book gives you those little extras all the time and weaves the arts of painting, music, literature together as well as the romance, fear and life of the artists. It takes you on a journey not only visually but in a sense physically and emotionally.
You want to go to the places and I bet when you do you will take this book and trace the footsteps of the artist but watch out.
Don't do as Gough did on fall off striding edge going up or down Helvellyn. I remember the time that I was up their on the top and looked back to where my footsteps had been right across a snow edge with Gough's fatal drop to the Red Tarn below. I was lucky he was not so take care and don't read the book while you are walking as you may get drawn in too far.
0Comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?