on 7 February 2014
‘Echoes of Love’ by Hannah Fielding was a gift and as I write this review I am grateful to the person who offered it to me!

This is my first book by Hannah, and I will certainly be reading all of her books! Her style of writing is that of a seasoned connoisseur of Venice and ‘la gioia di vivere’ of the Italians, the setting and the descriptions are so vivid and meticulous that one feels a part of the story. I felt as if I were in Venice myself, watching as the story unfolds, experiencing the seduction game, the thrill and drama of the push and pull, the angst, the intricate characters and the superbly unexpected end of the book!

It is the kind of romance that makes the reader secretly envious of the main characters...I finished the book in one day, though Venetia and Paolo stayed with me since…until the day I will re-read it!

A quote which seems to greatly reflect the magic of Venice and the love and passion of Venetia and Paolo comes to mind when I think of Echoes of Love: ‘It is held by some that this word VENETIA signifies VENI ETIAM, that is, come again, and again, for however oft you come, you will always see new things, and new beauties’ ~ Jacopo Sansovino.

Piasser de conosserli Venetia e Paolo!
What's this?