on October 11, 2013
Like many fans of Doctor Who, I have waited with bated breath this week for the announcement of exactly which episodes of WHO were back at the Beeb. The Web of Fear has always been at the top of my list of episodes that I wanted to see, so to discover (admittedly before the embargo was lifted at midnight) that all bar one of these episodes was recovered was the biggest thrill I think I have ever experienced (and I've had a few!!!)
Naturally I immediately headed to iTunes at a minute after midnight and downloaded all 6 eps of Web as well as all 6 eps of The Enemy of the World, and believe me when this hits the DVD release day you will not be disappointed.
The remastering is phenomenal - the picture is crystal clear, the sound is sharp and clear, and the action is truly wonderous to behold.
Pat, Fraser & Deborah are on sparkling form, and the supporting cast are simply fantastic.
But for me, a huge reason I had to see this story was for the arrival of a certain Colonel Lethbridge-Stewart. I had the privilege of meeting Nick Courtney on many occasions - and getting very drunk with him on most of them. With his performance here in Web you can totally understand why he was asked back to reprise the role the following season in The Invasion.
I'm not going to waffle on - I'm just going to suggest you get this ASAP. Then sit back, relax, and marvel at how brilliant 60's Doctor Who was and cross your fingers that there are more missing episodes on their way back home................
2323 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?