nothing here to get upset about,
This review is from: It's A Misery Business (Audio CD)
even though at over £7 it may come across as a cheap and nasty poor quality compilation designed to throw those off balance into thinking its a cool collection of anti songs for those who don't believe in valentines day.
il rate these songs as i go along.
1. Somthing in your mouth (Nickelback) 10/10: A CHEST beating dirty song that can leave you to imagine where Chad Kroeger is coming from with its dirty riffs and down right drumming.
2. Misery Business (Paramore) 9/10 a good revenge sort of song with Hayley Williams adding a touch more angst to the proceedings.
3. Dead Memories (SlipKnot) 5/10 a bit of a weak song less angry than their hit song Psychosocial which should have been on the compilation instead.
4. Doomsday (Atreyu) 8/10 a good nasty little number from hair metal revivalists Atreyu who seem to have let their influences dominate the proceedings with its chugging riffs and crue type choruses.
5. Orchestra of wolves (Gallows) 6/10 im trying my hardest to like whatever they are doing but this song is hardly somthing new bit like a mashed up Discharge and anti-nowhere song.
6. Lips like morphine (Kill Hannah) 1/10 the reliance on synths does not work well with this song whilst their lead vocalist sings as if he has a bad cold.
7. Jessica (Elliot Minor)9/10 this song shows why they have been touted as a band to watch sounds like the evil b-side to the rembrandts "Ill be there for you"
8. I write sins not tragedies (PATD)8/10 a very decent beatles-eqe track with its poppier undertones like arrangements.
9. Guilty Pleasure (Cobra Starship)8.5/10 with its A-Ha like syths and riffs its a very catchy guilty pleasure for those wanting to wind down.
10. Your love is a lie (Simple Plan) 2/10 sounds too much like a throwaway song by the backstreet boys not a song designed to turn heads away from valentines day.
11. Pandora (Madina Lake) 5.5/10 an angsty emotion filled song in its own right not exactly their best song a long mile coming from their hit debut album.
12. Girls (Kids in glass houses) 6/10 decent but too poppy in parts somthing for the glastonberry festivals.
13. Everybody needs a nemesis (Fighting With Wire) 9.5/10 a wicked song from a band filled with melodies and riffs to rival but not better Thin Lizzy and the Foo Fighters.
14. Mountains (Biffy Clyro) 10/10 a very catchy anthemic song that was not on their last song thats injustice! pity its only on an ep release.
15. Try Honesty (Billy Talent) 8/10 punks who are good at singing a ballad without sacrificing their integrity.
16. Better off without him (A) 8.5/10 one of my favourite songs from a wierdly named band who split up too soon, with its punky refrians add with some riffage and anthemic lyrics.
17. The Mixed Tape (Jacks Mannequin) 0/10 definitley a song to be heard over the radio at marks and spencers its lifeless and turgid!
18. loser (Cute is what we aim for) 7.5/10 a sugar rush to the senses depending what mode of transport you use providing you don't get sick along the way as its a catchy song in some parts good and bad depending how you look at it.
19. Leeds United (Amanda Palmer) 8/10 a very catchy, rocky horror show type of song sung by the artists who used to go out with an english lad who supported Leeds United.
im giving it 4 stars as its partly balanced with some decent songs in between but knocking the 5 star off since thier are some material that is too light weight to add a sense of evil to this decent compilation.