on 13 June 2009
I really love this book... because it is beautiful to look at and a bit like Elle-for-Knitters. it definitely made my heart beat faster, and I am the Queen of Knitting Books.
Now I do realise I would not wear many of these designs, but I would knit at least 4, and that is quite a few for me in any book.
Much as I like our Brit designers like Kim Hargreaves and Martin Storey, sometimes our homegrown designers are too conservative and retro to inspire or delight. I don't always want a sensible stocking stitch or waffle stitch cardi that looks like a more luxe version of some 'in' thing from Top Shop....
In fact, I find Kim very overrated in local yarn stores, although I do love her really for her elegant hats and cute Bardot sweaters.

Nicky Epstein is a breath of fresh air with her witty and global and irreverent take on knitting design. I probably WOULD wear a mini-aran sweater on my head as a hat, It is great to be different if you can carry it off. This is definitely a book for the young at heart knitter.
Colours are dazzling and vibrant and the models look superb... is that the lovely Agyness??
However, I wish more designs in this book were in average weight yarns, I am a size 14- 16 and really don't like CHUNKY HUNKY except for Starsky impersonations.
I bought the book mostly because I love the St Petersburg Camisole which is scrummy! I will have to pleat my own ribbon for the trimming such is my love for the design.
If you loved the knitting books of the 70's and 80's, which were themed, colourful and edgy- you will desire and dribble over this book.
If however you generally follow Women's Weekly K1P1's, maybe this one's not for you.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.