2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
1 month since we've met still in love,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Motorola RAZR Sim-Free Smartphone - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I've read good reviews about this product but after using it for more than a month I will try to summarize my impressions about this smartphone.
Things I liked or even loved:
- Very good, sturdy build. The phone is made of metal and kevlar at the back and a small plastic frame at the front. The glass of the screen is quite thick and really scratch resistant and most importantly has a good "sliding" feeling at touch.
- Effective Processor. All the apps I have tested so far run smoothly, big word, excel and powerpoint files were opened and edited without freeezing, videos were played without breaking.
- Internal storage. This phone has 8Gb internal storage and a micro SD slot for extra memory. There are some apps that won't run on SD cards so having a phone with internal memory is a big plus.
- Unlocked. It will accept SIM cards from any network.
- Amazing camera. The quality of the photos and the videos taken with this phone is absolutely stunning. You can also zoom and use some filters that are build in for special cases. Front camera is quite good too.
- Languages. the phone supports writting in a big number of languages, (english, german, french, spanish, italian, greek, portugese, dutch, arabic, are just a few of them and it can recognize voice 8 different languages too.
- Fully customizable. The phone has a big variety of widgets, ringtones, text tones, backgrounds etc to choose from.
- Great other features. A feature called "smart actions" will help you have the phone modify certain functions according to the place you are or the wifi network you are connected to. Mine is set to open my work email account and turn to silent automaticaly whenever connects to the wifi network of my work, for example. Also the phone supports tethering. This is a feature that allows to connect your laptop to the internet through your phone using the 3G network of your phone provider. the map application is also very accurate and the phone can be used as a tom tom.
- A good set of apps to begin with. Quick office pro will allow you to open word, excel, powerpoint and pdf files. Motocast will let you get access to your pc's files without having to synchronize first or download them to your motorola (unless you want to) there is a good newsreader installed with UK's feeds preinstalled and a radio option too.
I can write many more but it will make the review too big I think. as a last comment for the pros I will mention that a colleague of mine who has and is very pleased with his iphone 4 was impressed by the model and the price it comes.
Disadvantages: battery time is not ideal, especially if you keep many apps running permanently. When I use a lot the phone battery can drain in less than 15 hours. The fact that you can not take out the battery by yourself, is also unconvinient as many choose to have a second battery as a spare.
The phone comes with a pair of earphones and a charger that can be used as a usb cable too. The phone has an hdmi port, but no hdmi cable is inlcuded.