on 12 October 2013
Every since the announcement of the 3DS I was always interested in the console, but after trying it out I felt nauseous and dizzy and really did not like the 3D effect. I knew that you could completely turn off the 3D but was never happy in paying the extra for having this feature and not using it. My son has had a DS Lite for almost 2 years but being 6 years old I would never let him upgrade to the 3DS due to them not being recommended for his age because of the 3D affect and if I turned it off he would just turn it on again.

I was really happy when the 2DS was announced as it fits my requirements exactly. I told my son about it on the day it was announced and he saved his pocket money and bought it on the day of release.

The 2DS is absolutely amazing. The graphics are much better than the DS Lite and the form factor is brilliant. I was concerned about the looks of the console and the fact that it cannot fold but it is fine. It is a smaller size than an open 3DS and fits into mine and my son's hands perfectly. As it has not got a folding hinge it is less likely to break in the centre. It is much more comfortable to play than the DS Lite is as the controls are not positioned on the bottom half of the console but just at the right position towards the top.

It comes with a high capacity SD card so plenty of games can be downloaded and saved onto it. I set it up without any troubles and connected it to the home internet. What is brilliant about this console (and I am sure is true of the 3DS) is that you can download demo games to test them out before buying them. Some of these demo games are brilliant such as Lego Lord of the Rings, 3DS Nintendogs and Cats, Rayman Origins, Sonic Racing and so on.

All of the 3DS games can be played on this console and they do look amazing without the 3D feature.

This comes with a charger included (unlike the 3DS XL console where you have to buy it separately) and is ideal for young children as well as adults who are not keen on the 3D. The one small downside to this console is that it only has one speaker. The games still sound amazing but I am sure they would sound even better with two speakers. This is easily remedied by using headphones.

The 2DS looks a lot better in real life than it does in the pictures and is a really nice console that I highly recommend.
77 Comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.