Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 1 March 2013
Book bought on strength of previous reviewers and comments left: as their comments go into some detail there is no point in going over them as I concur with all.

Let me put it this way: I thought I had ordered a pile of bricks when the postman put the parcel into my hands it was SO heavy!
How on earth have Amazon managed to get this mighty magisterial work on the market for slightly over 12 quid is beyond me. It is astonishing value for money and an utter delight for all those military types such as myself who love to go over photographs with a magnifying glass ( and yeah, I do need to get out more).

This book is so good, if seen at a militaria fare or a table at Bisley for sale with a price tag of £60, you wouldn't bat an eyelid.
I have often angrily baulked at certain "specialist" books, wafer thin, with eye-watering price tags, this work is proof that large detailed divisional histories can be made available to the armour buff for decent money.

All those brilliant photos and not 1% of which I have seen before!

Buy this book now before print run ends because it'll be a long while before we get this good value again; delighted!!!
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?