2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Front light better than the rear,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Knog Boomer Hi Power 1 LED Front & Rear Light Set (Sports)
- Lights are amazingly bright, you will definitely be noticed on the road
- Both lights use 2 AA batteries; I use rechargeables so this is great
- Simple design, very easy to use, to attach and take off again
- Do not need a clamp to use them
- Lights seem to be very stable when attached
- In my opinion, the front white light is much better than the rear light. It seems more durable and attaches much better to the bar.
- As everyone else said, the on / off switches are far too sensitive. If you put them in a bag, you WILL accidentally switch them on eventually. This affects both lights but the rear light seems much more sensitive.
- Rear light: parts of the silicon casing look fairly thin, and as you need to stretch it a fair bit I am not sure if it will last a long time before it breaks. time will tell
- Rear light: The way it attaches does not seem as stable as the front light. It is a bit trickier to make sure that the catch really locks in; it seems like it would be fairly easy to not attach it properly and then have it fall off over a bump.
- Frong light: the light is highly visible to the rider. Some people might find this very annoying; I don't mind it so much, it lets me know the light is still on! Perhaps knog could have designed it to not be so visible to the rider though.
- Occasionally, if you hit a large bump, the lights may switch modes on you. I think this comes down to the super sensitive switches again. This seems to be a common problem with bike lights, and while its not so bad on these ones, it is still there.
These are great lights, not without their flaws, but overall I love them. Would I recommend them / buy them again? Yes.