5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further if you don't mind sacrificing the numeric keypad, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 - UK layout (Accessory)
I have numerous wireless keyboards due to my continuous search for a better keyboard, and after using the Logitech K400 I will look no further. It satisfies my needs 100%. Yet some may want the numeric keypad, which in this case is replaced by a laptop styyle trackpad. I never really fancied trackpads, however Logitech have done a great job.

The build quality of this keyboard is top notch. I was at a computer store the other day and most of the keyboards felt so cheap and flimsy in comparison to the Logitech K400.

One has to find a compromise between size and usability. Compact keyboards usually end up in a lot of typo errors due to the proximity of the tiny keys. Not in this case. This keyboard is compact yet sports a great layout. It does require some getting used to as it still is a compact keyboard, yet having used it for just a few days I find myself typing much faster than on my previous full fledged, same brand, backlit keyboard.

Some have reported issues with the trackpad not responding. This is generally due to software / computer configuration. Downloading the latest trackpoint drivers from the Logitech website should solve the problem. I had this issue initially yet after installing the drivers it works a charm.

I really like the pinch to zoom and two finger scrolling. There are other features I have yet to discover and program.

The wireless range of the keyboard is very good, offering seamless connection for several meters. Usually I would have to place the dongle on the front of my desktop computer in order to have a good connection, yet there are no issues at all in this case. I suggest using the supplied adapter (which interfaces between the dongle and computer USB port) unless you use it for a laptop, where proximity s not an issue.

After a good 4 months of continuous use (over 8 hours per day) I am still using the original batteries, with no signs of "missing any key hits", so battery life is really great.

I would definitely recommend this keyboard to sofa surfers and to desktop users alike. I have tried it on my dad's Samsung LED Smart TV and it worked seamlessly.

Update: I like this keyboard so much that I've bought the white version too. My primary use is for the desktop as my current TV does not support keyboard input. Very satisfied with solid build quality and looks.

I would highly recommend this keyboard for users who do not use the numeric keypad often.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]