on 7 November 2011
I don't mind paying £6.99 to download a good book on my Kindle and Nora Roberts usually deliveres. I do, however, begrudge paying £6.99 for a hotel brochure.
The storyline with this book seems incidental, the hotel is the "wanna be" star. Room discriptions go into more detail than we really need to know. Mini sub plots on tiles and fencing, I am sure were all very important to Ms Roberts at the time, but really are not needed.
I am sure I am not the only one who has now visited the Boonsboro Inn website and had a peek around. Looked at the pictures of the rooms and compared them too the book. Looked at the tarriff and decided "Nope, I can't afford it". But, I am equally sure there are many more who can and will go stay in Nora's hotel on the back of this book.
So, as a story, it's okay. As a clever piece of advertising, it is ingenious!!
11 Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.