Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 1 March 2012
i heard second chance about six months before purchasing this album but didn't really look into shinedown as a band as I thought they'd be a rubbish band with one good song, anyway I'm the kind of person who buys a whole album for just one song so after six months when I was sitting on amazon trying to think what to buy I decided to buy sound of madness for second chance. I started by watching the dvd which opens with the official devour lyric video, then there's a few music videos, a few songs live from atlanta and ends with an interview which I think runs for roughly fifteen minutes, anyway when the DVD ended I knew it was going to be an amazing album based on the songs included in the DVD.

It wasn't till later in the day I actually listened to the album in full which opens up with devour which was the perfect opening song, really builds up the album, then theres sound of madness which is pretty heavy but not completely headbanging and crazy (I hate headbanging music where the singers scream and stuff), then second chance which I'd known for quite a while and so on and I really enjoyd this album which shows you shouldn't assume a band would be good or bad based on their name.

After realising how good the band is I checked their tour dates and they were playing in Scotland in like a week and a half and got tickets, it's kinda cool to find a band and be at one of their shows in less than two weeks and now I can't wait for Amaryllis.

This album has alot of emotion and you can feel it throughout the whole thing, to me the main highlight is the interview on the DVD when you really see where all the emotion comes from.

Top five songs would have to be 'Second Chance', 'Diamond Eyes', 'What A Shame', 'Call Me' and 'Devour'
3 people found this helpful