on 17 January 2007
After looking at many of the reviews for this breadmaker and a smaller fastbake machine on Amazon, I decided to take the plunge and purchase this machine.

I was very wary given some of the earlier reviews people had left saying that it was a big disappointment and that you had to do a lot of special things to keep it in good working order, but others said it was great and I liked the look and specifications so I decided to buy it anyway.

The machine is a little taller than I thought it would be but that is no reflection on its performance.

I have made many loafs of varying sizes and styles and have only had one loaf where the paddle did not drop down. On reflection, this was all my own fault because I did not enter the ingredients in the order stated on the recipe (was too distracted with kids running about the kitchen!).

The recipes are simple to follow and it takes no more than 3 minutes to put it all together and start it cooking.

The drop down paddle is a bonus as it does only leave a very small hole at the end of the bread. The pan size is just right for our family and makes a decent sized loaf.

I've found that all I need to do after I have turned the loaf out is fill the pan with warm water and let it soak for a while. This makes the paddle easy to remove and clean.

When I make a new loaf I just make sure that I pour the oil onto the paddle and hinge and it moves freely and efficiently.

Great functioning and looking machine and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone! Just follow the instructions that come with the machine and you'll do fine.
0Comment| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?