on 8 June 2009
The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD)

I have been eagerly awaiting this game for a year and a half and have not been disappointed. Last January (2008) I purchased a very high spec computer for the sole reason of playing 'The Sims 3' so you can imagine my excitement when the game finally arrived on my doorstep - practically giddy were the words I used to describe to my husband how I was feeling! The game loaded in no time at all and after purchasing items from The Sims Store using my sim points and downloading the new town, I was ready to go. The game looks very pretty and the best part for me are no loading screens, except to change hair and clothes, but this literally took seconds to load. I like the fact that there are now extra tasks for them to do e.g. delivering post to the Town Hall to get extra school points, reading a cookery book before work the next day to earn more promotion points etc. It's made it a lot more interesting for me. The best part for me is that everyone carries on getting older and going about their day to day business so I've no longer got to play one family for a certain amount of time and then another.

There are a couple of things that bug me and it's that kids can't interact with toddlers and the other is how to change the toddlers clothes. The toddler has to go to the mirror and select 'change appearance' then select hair with a hat (because you need to select the art tool to change colours) then with the tool click on the clothes so you can change the fabrics etc. That's the only way I've found how to do it but you can't change different everyday outfits unless someone can help me with that. I've ordered the guide book so hopefully will find something in there.

Overall the game is amazing. I'm one of the lucky ones where I've had no glitches or any trouble loading or playing the game. I'm really happy I've bought this and will look out for the new expansions.

Happy Simming.