Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 20 August 2007
I bought this TV earlier this month to replace my Samsung 19" LCD TV (with which I was not at all impressed.) What can I say? Absolutely excellent. It's a nice sized screen - perfect for the bedroom or a large kitchen.

The picture quality is outstanding - everything is very crisp and clear and the sound is a LOT better than the Samsung's. I only have to have it turned up to about 35/100 for clearly audible sound from analogue/digital TV. An added bonus is that it has a feature where you can boost the volume level on the AV inputs, so it can compensate for low volume DVDs, for instance. With the boost feature on max. I only have to nudge the sound up to 40/100 to get a good volume level from most DVDs (compare that to the Samsung, which needed about 90/100 for DVDs).

This TV also has a power saving mode which I've enabled because it doesn't take much away from the picture quality at all. In fact, I prefer it with it enabled because it is less bright and quite comfortable to look at, whilst still giving excellent pictures.

In terms of connectivity, this is probably one of the best on the market for this range of TV. On most 20" TVs, there's only one SCART socket and not a chance of HDMI. Well, this TV is loaded. Not only does it have TWO SCART sockets, it also has HDMI, amongst other things!

I'm also glad that this TV has a digital tuner (i.e. in-built Freeview). Let's face it, with the analogue switch-off so near I don't see the point in buying an analogue-only TV anymore. Come 2009-2012 (depending on your region), you're going to have to get a Freeview receiver (which adds more cables and takes up a lot of space) or buy a new digital TV. This one has both analogue and digital, so it is completely ready. I'm also in a low signal area and the tuner is very sensitive, so it displays the digital picture more readily than my old Freeview receiver did.

All in all, I can't find one thing wrong with this piece of kit...and believe me, I've tried. I was completely dissatisfied with the Samsung rubbish and it made me think I was going to suffer problems with this one from Sony. However, I've been completely blown away. Probably the best £400 I've ever spent.
19 people found this helpful