on 15 February 2004
I've only been playing this for a month-or-so now, but I can tell that it will keep me going for a long while more. The controls are simple enough to grasp, but give you enough control to either really ace a hole or die with frustration as you miss that eagle putt by 1/2 and inch. The graphics are stunning, with a broad selection of real courses to help you maintain that pretence that "I'm Tiger Woods".
The skills practice is a great way to get into the game, allowing you to build your skills and earn prize money to buy more power on your swing, accuracy on your putting etc. These practice rounds vary from Fantasy Par-4s to pitching onto a selection of greens for prize money against the clock, so you get to practice your whole game.
I haven't even started on tournament play or "speed golf" (kind of, like, extreme golfing, dude...), but I know as soon as I get my skills up, this next level will keep me playing for months yet.
I'm not a sports-sim fan, but this is a top notch game for XBox. The only thing that stops me giving out 5-stars is that EA stil refuse to provide any XBox Live support. Just imagine playing a game this good this online....
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink