on 25 December 2012
Obviously this trap works well as we caught four mice within 36 hours. We bought one pack of two traps, and these caught two mice during the first night, and one was caught even before we went to bed.

It is crucial to ensure that you remove any potential food sources so that the mice only have the trap bait.

The traps are easy to set and I recommend using chocolate spread, or peanut butter with raisins. The mice here had chewed my microwave heatable wheat bag so I will try including wheat in the bait next time.

I found it easy disposing of the dead mice as they are easily released from the traps into bags for the bin.

I give the trap 5 stars for killing mice but do please read the following ...

WARNING: I must advise you though that in my opinion, the mice cannot be killed outright. It seems to me that the trap merely shuts down on them and 'traps' them in that sense. Unfortunately, they then seem to thrash around endeavouring to free themselves. I could hear this as the traps were set on a hard floor surface, and the mice were mostly found upside down, except for a juvenile one. Clearly, the process of throwing their weight around whilst attached to the trap breaks their necks. I have heard noises for 15 seconds or so after the trap goes off, and do not believe this would be as a consequence of their bodies twitching post death. So, if you are easily upset, do not buy this.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink