Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on October 25, 2011
I quite enjoyed this book - certainly not a patch on her first three but easy to read. Very amusing, very middle class and very similar to the Housewife Down books by Alison Penton Harper. In fact, so much so that I often thought I was reading something by that author.

One point I am having trouble (in my ignorance) with, I thought that fox hunting with hounds had been made illegal in this country some years ok, yet there they all were, riding with hounds. Could someone please answer this question for me?

I would also like to know why Catherine Alliott and other writers of this genre - Fiona Walker and Jilly Cooper, even the wonderful Marion Keyes - all started off with such fresh, innovative, highly amusing novels with strong characters in, yet their last few novels are anything but? Jilly Cooper, especially, one of my favorite writers with Riders and The Man Who Made Husbands Jealous - her last but one book was a paedophile's wet dream and her last one was so boring I actually could not finish it. Have I changed so much over the years or is it them?
What's this?