on 18 May 2010
I'm from the UK but heard this in downtown Miami on a hot day in April. I (we) had taken shelter from the heat in a small cafe/bistro. The owner showed us the menu and asked if I could read it - I said (before I'd looked) that my Spanish wasn't too bad and he said, strangely, you can have it in French if you want.

Anyway, it was in English(?)

We were sipping at our excellent smoothies in this calm, cool cafe when I started to hear the music in the background, also cool, somewhat sexy and a bit out of place.

I asked what it was and was given the information.

The CD was bought on line and it was on the doormat when we got home
(we don't actually have a doormat, but it is a useful phrase).
So,I have listened in the car ... and out of the car and I love it ('French Cafe' nearly got 5 stars).

Irrespective of when the tracks were recorded, they seem to span the decades since French films were in Black & White (Oh, they still are?) well the sixties then!

There's one in there that sounds like Fu-Fu-Ai (something I would recommend - it is also reminiscent of French movies even if the band is Italian and contemporary).

'French Cafe' is about the mood as much as the music - and that's pretty good too. Each track is enjoyable in its own right and together they resulted in two excellent decisions ... by the compiler, and by me for buying it!

Recommended.
11 Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?