on 29 August 2012
Deep Blue Sea on Blu Ray. Well, the first thing is, has it really been 12-13 years since this was first released? Wow! Time does fly. I remember when this first came out - I was kind of Shark mad, thanks to a childhood friend whom is now my best friend, and this film was just 'ours'; we loved it and (I) still do... not so sure about him anymore...

Anyhow, I shall talk about the Blu Ray transfer.

Picture: 9.5/10. The picture is a real upgrade over the DVD counterpart and the best thing is that you can notice this right away. Everything just looks super clear and pure, crisp gorgeous. Honestly, the picture quality of the transfer really surpassed my expectations. Everything, whether it be backgrounds, characters' faces, explosions or underwater footage, it's all just wonderfully upgraded now on the Blu Ray. Well worth the money and, in turn, the upgrade.

Audio: 7-8/10. The audio, in my view, is slightly questionable, especially in the region of character dialogue. In some scenes, it is a little difficult to hear what characters are saying. However, once the action really gets going, the audio then improves greatly so, overall, it isn't a big problem.

To conclude, I picked this up just yesterday (at the time of writing) for a pretty good, cheap price and I was amazed at the value of this for my money. As I mentioned above, the picture quality really surpassed my expectations, making Deep Blue Sea a wonderful addition to my growing Blu Ray collection. So, without further ado, add it to yours!

Thanks for reading this review. I hope it helps.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink