2.0 out of 5 stars Poor wi-fi, sometimes sticks, 21 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Arnova 9G3 9.7 inch IPS Touch Screen Tablet (4GB, Android 4.0, 1GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 1080p HD Video Playback, Webcam and Expandable Memory) (Personal Computers)
Do not buy this product if you won't be using it in the next room to your wireless router. Our house is an average sized semi and the tablet couldn't pick up the signal where our 2008 netbook, even older laptop, and our phones could! Tested wireless signal next to other Archos tablets in PCWorld and they had at least 1 more bar reception connecting to the PCWorld demo network than the 9G3 (Units tested: 10G3 and 7G3). We sent the first back and had the same problem with the second so also sent it back.

Sometimes has problems scaling or 'reshaping' webpages. Also some problems clicking on eg. username/password boxes juxtapositioning the keyboard and the page. Touch mostly fine although sometimes problems selecting links, words etc.

Appslib fine but prefer Google play - didn't have it for long enough to say if there were things I couldn't get, but play is familiar (we have HTC phones).

This does not have an office app - it can read files but you need to upgrade to produce files - or use google docs - simples!

Good screen, bright etc. Good weight and feel although may get a little too weighty if held for a long time. Great little speakers.

Charger is not a micro usb like most phones now so you'd need an extra charger going on holiday with it.

Battery life is around 2 hours - we've decided to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy Tab which apparently does 9 hours and should have no problems with connection...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Sep 2012 10:27:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Sep 2012 10:29:52 BDT
Sugarfix says:
I see that this review is for the 9G3 but I read it on the 7G3 page and I'd just like to clarify that the 7G3 is a standard Micro USB charger.

I've not had my 7G3 for too long, but with screen settings to auto brightness with Wi-Fi turned off I get 6 hours easily (for the record, I have a FreeLoader solar charger which acts like a backup battery and with that fully charged and the solar panels out, it'll quite happily run for 12-14 hours - a great investment!)

Appslib, as the original reviewer says, isn't great. But you can easily find software that will allow you to install Google Play (marketplace) as well as the standard google apps.

I've also not experienced any issues with Wi-Fi on the 7G3. I too like in a 3 bed semi and our bedroom is in the opposite corner of the house from our Wi-Fi Router (a Belkin Play N600) and I find reception and speed are both fine.

I can't comment on the original reviewers views on the 9G3 and 10G3, but I just wanted to clear a few points up for people looking to purchase the 7G3. It's not going to compare to the Galaxy Tab by a long chalk, but at £100 it's a fantastic budget tablet that makes a more than capable media player.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›