TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 November 2007
Listening to "Dark Road", the opening track of the album, I thought it was amazing. The lyrics were intelligent and instantly stirred something in my soul, and the music perfectly captured the mood. However, once I began listening to the rest of the album, I slowly became slightly more and more disappointed.
While it cannot be denied that Annie has an incredible voice, this is nothing without songs to stand up against it. Although the majority of the remaining tracks failed to grab me in the same way as "Dark Road", I am still holding out hope for learning to love SONGS OF MASS DESTRUCTION.

"Fingernail Moon", the closing song, is my other favourite. It seems that Annie has put her two best songs at the very beginning and the very end of her work.
"Smithereens" is also a good song - the opening to it features beautiful piano and the lyrics are strong.
"Womankind" is the next notable song. It is more upbeat than the others that I have listed, so there seems to be more energy to it along with perhaps more hope than some of the others.

While I would not say that this is a bad album, I cannot find it in me to say that it is sensational either. Maybe with time I shall learn to love some of the other tracks, but at the moment there are only a handful that have struck a part deep within me.
What's this?