on August 17, 2012
At 29 years I am not in the target read for this book, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I liked the main characters and especially enjoyed the history element of the Plague which I found fascinating-the writer had clearly done her research. I also enjoyed reading about Sweetmeats, not something I had even heard of before!
I did feel the way that the way Hannah escaped the Plague was rather far fetched but I imagine it must have happened. I was reading rather furiously in the second half to find out what happens, the writer portrays excellently the spreading sense of panic as the Plague sweeps through London.
What's this?