VINE VOICEon 6 January 2004
Despite the fact that other reviewers cite this box set as incomplete (a fact which I cannot deny) it does not detract from the fact that you should own it. I am afraid I approached Springfield in a reverse fashion, having favoured CSN and Young's early solo records before I took the leap back into Springfield where Stills & Young started.
This was a recent purchase (29/12/03) so it is still very much in my mind. Okay, so a few tracks are omitted like the full version of Bluebird (see other reviews for a full breakdown - I haven't the patience) but this box set is a beautiful collection of music nevertheless, the first cd's demos from 1966 are especially outstanding and primarily solo performances that foreshadow what the future would hold, especially Neil Young's songs.
I can see why completists are wingeing, but there's more than enough here to satisfy.
I especially recommend the set if you haven't got anything by this Band (which I didn't), and if you dig Neil Young and CSN it's a must have. Nuff Said.
0Comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?