Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Discover more Shop now

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly stunning!, 20 May 2013
This review is from: (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Length:: 6:19 Mins

♦ Brief ♦

Having previously owned a much older Sony LED TV, I was quite excited to see how well this would compare and if it was actually any better in quality.

One things for sure, it's very light for a TV it's size and has a good weight distribution making it easier to lift.

It has a lovely design, the TV width is nicely thin and has very little frame in the way of the screen.

This TV also boasts an X-Reality Pro picture processing engine with 200Hz Motionflow to deliver smooth and detailed images.

♦ Box Contents ♦

Television | AC adapter & power cable | Remote control | 2x AAA batteries |
Wall mount kit | TV stand & bolts | Instructions & other paperwork.

♦ Set-Up ♦

All you need is a Philips screwdriver (Unless you are mounting it onto the wall, in which you will also need a drill).

As my walls are extremely flimsy, I decided to go for the stand option which took barely 5 minutes (except for finding the darn screwdriver which took me 15 minutes).

- Stand Set-up -

Fixing the TV onto its stand is simplicity at its best:

1) Attach the two metal fixtures onto the stand and make sure they are screwed on securely.

2) Place the TV over the metal fixtures and insure they go into the slots. *Note: it's always best to get someone to help on this part to ensure an easy installation.

3) On the back of the TV there are two holes, one on each side, make sure the last two screws are inserted and securely tightened.

And that's it!

- Wall mount -

I'm really impressed with Sony making the stand double as a wall mount with the provided kit, this gives consumers a set-up choice right out of the box.

Those who are wanting to use this will be pleased to know it comes with a big piece of paper that shows you the exact distance of where the holes need to be drilled, this will certainly make the installation less of a hassle.

♦ TV Ports & Sockets ♦

HDMI x2 | Aerial | SCART(AV) | Component | LAN | Digital Out (Optical) | USB | Headphone | Power.

♦ Usability ♦

The remote control included is not only comfortable to hold, it's light and has a decent button layout.

As for the home interface, I absolutely love it, it runs very smoothly with no noticeable lag; the menu is also broken into convenient categories making navigation a breeze.

♦ Internet Connection ♦

Whilst this TV has a LAN port for wired connections, it also has a built-in WiFi adapter which gets a big like from me; a lot of TV's which are "WiFi Ready" require a WiFi USB dongle of the same brand as the TV and are normally very expensive, for example; some previous models from Sony needed such dongle with a hefty price-tag of £50+!

Connecting the TV to the internet via WiFi was effortless to do and the results are great, I can stream YouTube videos directly on my TV in HD quality! (As long as the video was rendered in HD of course).

♦ Picture Quality / Viewing Experience ♦

I am in complete awe of the picture quality, my previous Sony LED TV is around 2-3 years old and I honestly thought it was the bee's knees and that the quality couldn't get any better, but how wrong was I.

When it comes to HD content, the images are sharp, crisp & very smooth, it really brings life to what your watching. The TV also has many different scene modes to choose from such as 'Cinema', 'Cinema 24p', 'Music', 'Sports', 'Gaming' and more, this will adjust the picture & audio settings that will suit what your watching better.

The other main factor which really adds to the viewing experience is the frame of the TV, as mentioned before there's barely any frame taking space of the screen which makes it look like the images are going to flow off the edge.

- Unfortunately I can't comment on the Freeview quality as I don't have the appropriate cables/antenna installed. -

♦ Sound Quality ♦

The sound quality is actually rather good considering how thin this TV is, now it may not be the best and of course wont beat a home theatre, however it does deliver well and don't have any qualms about it.

♦ Final Opinion ♦

This TV definitely heats up the competition in the TV market, not only does it look amazing, it has great online features and is more than able to deliver stunning picture quality.

The more I use the TV, the more I love it!

- EDIT 20th May 2013 -

I've now included a video that shows the box contents, how to set the TV up via the stand & an overview of the TV's interface.

*Music used in the video were the following: 'Speed of Light' & 'No Regret' by Zircon.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 9 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 122 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 May 2013 10:38:46 BDT
Thanks for going to all the bother of making the great video. Quick question as there does not appear to be a lot said about this tv... Can I attach e.g. USB memory stick/flash drive to it,(at the back) to record programmes? My wife is letting me have this in the bedroom when but does not want any trailing wires....i.e. NO external hard drive box to be seen! - I have a previous model , 32 inch, couple of years back and it lets me record on to 32gb flash drive. I wonder what this one allows?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2013 11:15:43 BDT
MyKeyReviews says:
Thank you for the kind compliments! :)

Unfortunately I don't have freeview, so I can't test this out personally, also the manual states nothing about this, however I've found the following on the Sony website:

"USB Play - YES (USB viewer supports FAT16, FAT32, exFAT and NTFS file systems.)"
"USB HDD Recording - YES"

If it can record on a HDD, I can't see why it wouldn't on a flash drive with enough memory, but as I can't test it I couldn't say be sure 100%.

Sorry if I couldn't be much help on this matter. :\

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2013 16:19:51 BDT
Thank you for very quick reply. I was hoping you would say it could lol... I have a tiny little 32gb stick which does work in 32 inch sony tv I have, But just wanted to make sure this tv did the same. I am a little bit out in the countryside and I appreciate I could have called in to Currys to take a look (not that I would buy from them of course, being Amazon fan). If I lived on my own naturally I would have a dangling wire from it, with huge External hard drive , but being married you have to compromise lol (or get shown the front door).

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2013 17:41:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 May 2013 17:41:22 BDT
MyKeyReviews says:
No problem, always willing to help as much as I can. :)

If it works with the older TV, I can't see why it wouldn't, but if you manage to find out before me, if you could post the results here, it will also help other people enquiring about the same thing.

And yes, compromising is a must hehe. :)

Posted on 20 May 2013 19:37:42 BDT
Stucumber says:
Fair-dos, this is a good review!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2013 19:41:45 BDT
Thank you very much!

Checked out your review too, very good also. :)

Posted on 20 May 2013 21:39:51 BDT
Alex Edwards says:
your video....What music was that? It's awesome! :)

also....great review, nice one! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2013 21:50:07 BDT
MyKeyReviews says:
The music is by Zircon, I've edited the review and have links to songs. :)

Also thank you very much!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2013 22:47:30 BDT

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

MyKeyReviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Location: Hampshire, UK.