Comments from an electronics research technician. Independent laboratory tests demonstrate measurable quality differences between cables. It particularly identifies the cheapest cables which are sometimes not properly shielded and which can contain copper plated wire rather than solid copper.
But the issue is not whether differences exist but whether they affect the user. And in practice the average person lacks sufficiently acute senses to detect those differences even when inferior cables are used to connect high quality audio and video equipment. Without the use of test equipment I can rarely make that detection, and I have an in depth knowledge of the science and what to look for.
Also loss is most detectable in longer cables e.g. 5 metres plus. These cables are only 1 metre in length.
I bought these cables to connect my son's HD Sky Box to an HD TV. Their performance proved perfectly satisfactory even when I compared them to my own high quality professional cables. My conclusion. Excellent value for money. I genuinely recommend them for any home user.
65 people found this helpful