on 3 November 2010
I very luckily had this book on me the day I got stuck underground on a broken Jubilee line tube train for 3 hours and I couldn't have been happier to be there so that I was not interrupted. I read the whole book cover to cover and ripped it in half so the woman next to me could start too.
It is utterly compelling, touching, horrifying and you cannot put it down. I did however have to keep glancing up and fixing wet eyes elsewhere whilst I made massive gulps so as not to just sob in the middle of that tube carriage.
It's a top ten ever for me, just read it, totally brilliant.
What's this?