on 26 March 2014
First off, let me just say that I LOVE Nora Roberts. The woman is an amazing romance writer and I pre-order everything she's ever written. But no more. The first book of this trilogy was a huge disappointment and I was hoping for a little of the Robert's sparkle to hit this one in book two of the trilogy. So I took a risk. But, no.

The back story reads like a Grimm's fairy tale and takes up the first three chapters. By then, I was sick and tired and just wanted the story to get on with it. It wasn't until chapter five that I even knew who the heroine was and by then I didn't really care. Because I was not emotionally invested in these characters, I felt there was absolutely no chemistry between this pair - the same thing happened with book one. And the chemistry between the couple tagged for book three is pitiful. It's the first time reading a Roberts book that I feel that all the characters are two dimensional. And that is a real shame because the woman can write fabulous characters. With this lot I could care less. The story dragged and I skipped lots of narrative just get to the end.

For the first time I will not be automatically buying book three. And that's a real shame. For the first time I felt Ms Robert's heart was not really in this story - and it shows.
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.