on 17 May 2011
OK - I admit it. I am a FOOL for cookery books - and especially baking books. One look at the cover, one scan of the other reviews and I was sold!

And I was not disappointed.

The first one I made was blackcurrant, berry and hazelnut crumble cake - except that I used Blueberries instead of raspberries, pecans instead of hazelnuts and blueberry jam instead of blackcurrant ....... (Don't shout at me! I can't help experimenting). I also cook in an Aga which can be tricky where cakes are concerned.

Anyway - even with these subs and the Aga - the resulting cake was absolutely fabulous. It barely had time to cool down before it was ... gone! Toffee pear muffins are superb and I plan to make the chocolate fudge honeycomb cake very soon.

This is a simple, unpretentious baking book and I LOVE it.

Heartily recommend to anyone who enjoys zoning out at the weekend and communing with flour and eggs (sounds a little odd put like that ...)

You will enjoy reading this book, you will enjoy cooking from it and you will most certainly enjoy the results!
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details