on 7 April 2014
Oh welp. So I reviewed Dahlia a few days ago, which is the first in this series, and Fallen Tears in the following novella which is kind of a teaser for the sequel and oh my god. I kind of just wished that this is the book that introduced us to the world, rather than Dahlia's story. I felt Rowan's story had so much more life too it! I mean yes I enjoyed the previous book but I just felt this was a lot better.
Fallen Tears is aptly named, its a novella that starts off by introducing us to 12 year old Rowan, homeless, alone, cold and hungry under a bridge until she realises she isn't as alone as she thought, there's someone else there with her, or should I say something. That something is Kaji, a vampire, or as you later find out the first vampire, and there's almost an instant connection between himself and Rowan, they find themselves agreeing to be a part of each others lives, Rowan will teac Kaji how to be more human, to welcome his emotions and he in return will look after her and protect her. I think what I liked most about this is that we got more of insight to the vampires of this world, seeing as Dahlia was only half-vampire and that wasn't even touched upon too much, here we get to meet at least two (hehe, does that count as a spoiler?) and you really get to emphasize with many of the characters introduced in this novella, its actually gotten me a lot more excited for the second book of the series and I'd really love to read it right now! We also get a closer look at some other fallen angels, ones that aren't vampire hating murders and I'd love to see more of that family - again lack of names because I could touch upon a spoiler if I do! Anyway, I loved this so much more, it was a great read!
What's this?